Google Sheets - Date format error

Describe the issue/error/question

I am trying to use the new Google Sheet node to do something basic - ie subtract date.
When I do this, it works

However, when I get the same date from Google Sheets instead in the same exact format (after setting the Sheets Column to the exact same format multiple times)

I tried with the From Format and without it. I tried with leading zeros for the month and without it.
I get the same error.

What is the error message (if any)?

NodeOperationError: Date input cannot be parsed. Please recheck the value and the "From Format" field.
    at Object.parseDateByFormat (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/DateTime/DateTime.node.js:14:11)
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/DateTime/DateTime.node.js:450:45)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:658:51)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:585:68

Please share the workflow

(Select the nodes and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow respectively)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:0.212.1
  • **Database you’re using (default: SQLite):SQLlite
  • **Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:main
  • **Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]:Docker

I used a Set node and Luxon for now, but this clearly looks like a BUG that may need to be addressed.

Thanks

I guess I am having a bad “Date” day.
Now I am using a simple IF node and copied the same exact value in both sides of the comparison

Cant figure out what the error message says or is about !

Can you try

1. without your date format, it should default to ISO 8601 which almost every service should understand
  2. With a .toString() if the above doesn’t work

Edit: or use .toISO()

@pemontto Not sure if you meant this

Still an error - thanks for your help !

Sorry - some values are actually null so let me recheck - what you said did remove the previous error message - thanks

You’re doing a comparison using the IF node here, I don’t think you need to format at all in that case. Different story when you’re setting fields to send to Google sheets however.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.