Google Sheets Error (Receiving too many requests)

Describe the issue/error/question

I’m trying to create an automation that lists all Active Campaign tags and throws them into Google Sheets, keeping the tag name and how many people it has.

I would like to update this data every minute, however, Google Sheets cannot process the amount of Tag.

I currently have 360 tags in my Active Campaign, this value increases with every big event we do, and I would like to pass them all over to Sheets to create automated tracking sheets.

The problem is that when Google Sheets starts receiving the information, it hangs between line 60 to 70 and does not continue, displaying an error saying that our quota has been exceeded.

I already tried adding a Wait before the Google Sheets node, however, Wait keeps sending 360 rows at once and Google Sheets is failing to process this.

How can I solve this problem?

What is the error message (if any)?

The service is receiving too many requests from you! Perhaps take a break?

OR

ERROR: The service is receiving too many requests from you! Perhaps take a break?
Quota exceeded for quota metric ‘Read requests’ and limit ‘Read requests per minute per user’ of service ‘sheets.googleapis.com’ for consumer ‘project_number:30947376690’.

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.196.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via Docker

Welcome to the community @Daniel_Ferreira !

Guess there are only two possible solutions to your problem:

1. Ask Google to increase your quota
  2. Try to stay within the quota

If solution 1 does not work (which would be the easiest) you would have to split the data for solution 2 in batches with the Split In Batches Nodes (as you said is 360 at once apparently to much) and add some wait time with the Wait-Node between them. The size of the batches and the exact wait time, you can then calculate and set depending on your personal quota.

Hope that is helpful!

Hello, I have the same problem with the Add Row automation from Activecampaign.

How can I ask to increase my quota?

Welcome to the community @fkdias!

You can do that in the Google console. Log in where you activated the API. There you can see how many requests you make and you can also ask there for a quota increase. Should also be easy to find if you simply google for it.