Google Sheets Trigger not checking for new data?

Describe the problem/error/question

I have 4x Google Sheet Triggers setup. They are set as the below image (to check every 5 mins). Unfortunately, these all do not appear to be checking every 5 minutes. When I check the execution logs, I can see that only one of them checks, rather than all 4. Am I doing something wrong or reaching some sort of limit?

Data is being added to the sheet, and when the trigger is run manually it works fine, it just does not appear to be fetching data on schedule.

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share your workflow

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: Latest
  • Database (default: SQLite): Defauly
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu

Hi @dg92 :wave:

Hmm, I’d love to dig into this one a little bit more - could you share your workflow? You can select all from the workflow editor with cmd/ctrl + a, and then copy with cmd/ctrl + c - and paste here between two sets of three backticks (```) to add your workflow to your post. It’d also be really helpful if you have an example sheet - please make sure there’s no sensitive data - that you could share with us where this is happening. I’d be happy to take a deeper look with that information :eyes:

Hey!

Thanks for the reply! Sure - please find the workflow below. Here is a sample sheet: Sample Sheet for [n8n] [Questions] Google Sheets Trigger not checking for new data? - Google Tabellen

Data is added automatically to the sheet by a Google app script.

1 Like

Hi @dg92 :wave: So far, I haven’t been able to break this :thinking: I created four sheet copies, and have five trigger nodes, each looking for row added on one sheet. I’ve set the polling timer to 60 seconds just for testing purposes, and it’s always firing for me with multiple emails (one for each trigger I’ve, well, triggered) if I add in some dummy text into the row below in the specified columns.

Can you describe how you’re entering in data into this spreadsheet? Are there blank cells or anything like that, for instance?

Since you mentioned latest, I’m testing on 1.5.1 - what version of n8n are you on?

2 Likes

Hey @EmeraldHerald

So - I noticed that one of the workflows works and the other three are intermittent, so I deleted those and cloned the one that works. It appears to be working ok now!

Thank you SO Much for the help

2 Likes

@EmeraldHerald i found the issue I believe!

Part of the app script deletes all rows in the spreadsheet at 6am, apart from row 1. What I believe is happening is n8n remembers the last new row, and then when a new one is added after the deletion, it doesn’t pick it up as say it’s likely expecting a new row to be added after row 30 for example, however it’s getting added after row 1 instead.

2 Likes

Hi there :wave:
First message on the community, because this is also the first time I don’t find the answer here…n8n community is so powerful !

I have exactly the same issue as mentioned before.
My workflow is supposed to get start with Google Sheet’s Trigger, but it doesn’t.

I tried to create a new workflow multiple times… but it stills doesn’t start.

Here is my workflow.

Thanks for your help
I’m on N8N 1.7.1 on docker compose

1 Like

Hi @ascot :wave: Welcome to the community :tada:

As you’re self-hosting, can you also share some logs with us? You may need to set N8N_LOG_LEVEL to debug. It’d also be helpful to know what your Docker Compose file looks like (please redact any sensitive data!)

Can you also share an example of the data you’re sending from Google Sheets that should trigger the workflow? There may be an issue with the If statement :bowing_man:

And just to check - do you have the workflow set to active? Just worth checking :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.