Gsheets : How to change the header column location in the operation "Append or Update"?

Hello,

I’m using google sheets in my case to append data to an existing sheets.

I would like to know if there’s a way to modify the Header row number in the “Value to Send” options (like, I don’t want the node to select the row number one, but the row number 2)

You can see on the screen the header i’m talking about.

Thanks for help.

Hi,

If your headers are not in row 1, you can select Map Automatically mode for mapping column. Then, set Header Row option to 2. You can use Set or Code node to prepare your data.

Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 7.47.04 PM

I believe Header Row option should effect columns that in Map Each Column Manually mode… I never noticed this because I always use Map Automatically mode. I’l try to contribute.

I hope it helps.

Hi,

I’ve tried to set Columns dependent on Header Row but when Header Row is added as an option, it disappears suddenly and no time to set a value.

./n8n/packages/nodes-base/nodes/Google/Sheet/v2/actions/sheet/append.operation.ts

loadOptionsDependsOn: ['sheetName.value', 'options.locationDefine']

Screen Recording 2023-07-03 at 11.57.06 PM

Anyway, if I set Cell Format as dependency of Columns and when add and edit Cell Format, although columns list refreshes, it does not disappear.

loadOptionsDependsOn: ['sheetName.value', 'options.cellFormat']

Screen Recording 2023-07-04 at 12.10.13 AM

@Jon do you have any idea about it? What am I missing?

Hey, thanks for your help !

I can’t try this in theses days but really thanks for your help man.

I’ll come back here when I’ve tried

I still have the trouble with the error “Exceed grid limit” which make impossible to use the header row to 2…

It looks like @giulioandreini has taken a look and found the same issue, We have created an internal bug ticket to look into this which we are tracking as N8N-6666

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.