Help! After I updated n8n.io I lost recent changes!

I am using the paid version of n8n.io, all I did was go to the settings, change to the latest version then hit save.

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Sorry can’t really help with this. I sent it to the n8n team they should be in touch soon

1 Like

Thanks for sending it to the team Liam, I really appreciate it man!

Good news is I managed to re-build everything, it was a lot easier the second time around.

I don’t think I’m going to update ever again :sweat_smile:

Hi @moshi

We are very sorry to hear this! We got your support request and have sent you a reply. Please get back when you have a chance.

It would have been interesting to know from which version you have just updated from.

We have recently focused heavily on improving our data backup stability and going forward from version 1.40 we are confident to say that this should not happen again.

We appreciate our user feedback and it really helps us to drive improvements, so that every new version update will make our product better and you shouldn’t be scared to update again!

2 Likes

Hey Ria,

I responded back to the ticket I got. Thank you for the prompt reply

I know I’m not giving a direct answer to your issue, but I’d suggest setting up a workflow to save all your workflows to GitHub, every day, automatically.

This will save you a lot of “missed-a-heartbeat” type of events in the future aha