How does N8N Collect the Data from a spreadsheet or dashboard?

I am trying to figure out how N8N Collects Data from a spreadsheet or a dashboard. I am trying to figure out how it gets the data and where it puts it?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @jshecut,

Welcome to the community :tada:

It all depends on what you are getting the data from, If we assume a Google Sheet you would need to use a Google Sheet node and configure the node to fetch the data from the document / sheet / range you are after.

To actually get the data we will make an API request to Google and authenticate using the credentials you would provide, Once we have the data it will sit in memory so the next node / nodes can use the data.

It may be worth going through the beginner course (Level one: Introduction | n8n Docs) which covers getting data from Airtable then changing the data and sending a message using Discord.

Thank you so much for your response I appreciate it a lot

1 Like

I have one last question after you guys get the data where is the data put? Is it put in a dataset?

Hey @jshecut,

Once we get the data we convert it to a json object so you can use it as needed in that workflow. This is typically kept in memory and once the workflow has finished running that data is then cleaned up.

Awesome thank you so much for answering all of my questions I appreciate it a whole lot.

1 Like