How to generate google private key?

Looking to build a workflow using the google sheets node. How or where do I find the private key? Thank you.

You can find the video tutorial which @svenjanssen created about that here:

Or you can check out the tutorial about the same subject from Jovo which is also linked in the description of the credentials:

1 Like

Thank you, this is hellpful!

1 Like

I was able to generate the key but always get this error:

"message": "error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line",
    "stack": "Error: error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start 

My key is formatted as follows (pursuant to what I’ve read on the forum):

-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----
XXXXXXXX/L+XXXXXX/XXXX/XXX+a+XXXXXXX/XXXXXX+XXX+XXXXXXXX/04+XXXXXXXX+XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/XXX+XXXXXXXX+XXXXXXXX+8+XXXXXXXX+XXXXXXXX+XXX/XXXXXXXX+/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX+XXXXXXXX+XXXXXXXX+XXXXXXXX+XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX+XXXXXXXX/XXX+XXX/XXXXXXXX/XXX+XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX+XXX+kAN2t9/XXXXXXXX==
-----END PRIVATE KEY-----

Sorry, sadly no idea why it would not work for you. It looks correct to me. Also just tested again to be sure there is currently nothing wrong and test was successful.

The only way to get the same error message for me was if I really messed up the first line -----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY----- by removing a minus or adding another character to it, … . So make sure there is nothing else there and also make sure to add the Key in the expanded view (clicking on the icon on the right side of the input). There you have then a multi-line input where it is much easier to see if something is wrong. If it then still does not work, I advise you to copy the key again and remove the new-lines (also again). The code is fine the error is definitely with the key.

Thanks. Should the key be 3 lines or should I replace each \n character with a new line?

Actually both is fine. The middle part can be one line or multiple ones. I personally always have multiple ones just because I like more if things are tidy in blocks but that is really all :wink:

This exact error is explained in the video my friend.