How to get data from two sites and keep it "together"?

My workflow pulls data from two or more resources. Then it needs to compare parts of the data. Depending on what it finds, it will then update an arbitrary number of fields across resources.

I’m having difficulty matching entries between resources.

In this flow, I pull the records from one source.
It makes a list and then feeds that list, one at a time, to the node that pulls from the second source.
The three “if” nodes validate if data exists, that no serial number is present, and the device name IS present and matches.

I can’t figure out how to get the device name in there. The flow never drops into the node to update the serial number. I can see the systems without serial numbers in one and the systems with the same name in the other, but I can’t match the name and pull the serial number.

None. The workflow runs without error, but it doesn’t seem to do anything but spin.

Information on your n8n setup

• Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • *Running n8n via Docker on Digital Ocean
  • Operating system: Linux n8n 5.15.0-82-generic #91-Ubuntu SMP Mon Aug 14 14:14:14 UTC 2023 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Hey @russellkg,

I have looked at this a couple of times now and without having some example data it is tricky to work out what is going on, I suspect it is the check against the HTTP Request node earlier in the flow but to try and simplify it a bit can you try something like the below and let me know if that works?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.