How to get webhook url and param id from set node

Describe the problem/error/question

My problem is how to get access to a webhook URL from the next set node …
Take for example a webhook where in a param is added , i understand an id is automatically generated ,
what i want, is to get access to the URL or the id itself from the next node which is a set node

What is the error message (if any)?

No Error

Please share your workflow

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

i would like to add the extracted webhook url to a field in set node

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version: 1.22.6
  • **Database: Postgres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): npm
  • **Operating system: Windows 11

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

what i want, is to get access to the URL or the id itself from the next node which is a set node

Hi @bbamzi, n8n does not currently provide an expression to fetch such data at runtime. However, seeing the URL/ID of a webhook does not change (unless you replace the node of course) I suggest you simply copy the actual ID from the UI rather than read it dynamically during the workflow execution.

If you absolutely need to read it during the execution you could consider using n8n’s REST API to fetch the workflow, then find the Webhook in the nodes field and finally read its ID. For example like so:

Result:

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.