Hi there, I’m currently on the starter plan and currently trying to accomplish the following:
I have 3 Asana boards that I registered custom webhooks for to get notified of changes in custom fields.
The tasks then get updated and moved depending on the changed-to value.
I got it working well enough, where I have one workflow dealing with the webhook events, passing each on to the relevant other workflow to deal with the event.
Testing with a single Asana task it works no problem. Testing with 3 tasks also works. But there are going to be multiple users updating multiple tasks at the same time and I need to make sure it works well in that scenario as well.
Curiously, while developing and testing I got a 503 a couple of times. I think this is indicating that the server of my instance is running out of resources.
Just now when testing I saw that everything worked, except 1 task, so I guess that one couldn’t be handled anymore while my instance was getting restarted? I don’t get an error execution which makes me wonder what is happening.
I also thought that maybe one webhook is firing, the workflow updates the task and the changed task triggers my webhook before the change is represented? Then the same task, while being updated, triggers the workflow with the old value and obviously doesn’t give an error and doesn’t get updated.
However, all other events worked correctly, and there is only this one that didn’t go through. And when manually re-changing the custom fields the workflow triggers as expected and changes the task correctly.
So I’m thinking it really might be the servers resources.
In the docs I found the 503 as memory related error, so probably I need to rebuild my workflows and upgrade my plan to be sure it doesn’t happen again.
I already created subworkflows for dealing with the custom field changes, but I guess it’s still not enough. It’s a rather big one, filtering and routing to different node branches depending on the value, which I might need to put in a subworkflow each by itself.
Also noticed I haven’t upgraded to v1 yet and that might solve things.
I have things to try, just wanting to post here anyways in case this helps anybody else who is looking for a similar topic. Writing this post kind of answered my own question
- n8n version: 0.224.4
- Database (default: SQLite): SQLite
- n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): own
- Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): n8n cloud
- Operating system: MacOS 12.6.2