How to make a workflow run in different times when triggered by a webhook

Describe the problem/error/question

Hello, I have a workflow triggered by a webhook, and while the workflow itself functions properly, I’m currently grappling with a specific issue.

Given that the workflow is activated by a webhook, multiple events can be received simultaneously (without control over the data-sending system).

The challenge arises when these events occur concurrently, requiring me to ensure that I invoke the target system at intervals of 10 seconds; otherwise, my calls are rejected.

I’m exploring options to synchronize the workflow, allowing only one instance to start at a time. Alternatively, I’m considering implementing a dynamic wait time for each run to introduce variability and prevent simultaneous calls.

If you have any thoughts or solutions on how to achieve synchronization or implement a variable wait time, I would greatly appreciate your input. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing your ideas.

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share your workflow

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @Marcello_Kera,

We don’t really have anything to allow that other than maybe a wait node in the workflow but that could be a bit messy, I guess depending on what you are actually doing you could put a webhook gateway infront of n8n like Convoy / Hookdeck and point your system at that then configure that to point to n8n and you can control the rate that requests are sent.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.