How to properly split multiple inputs to multiple arrays

Describe the problem/error/question

This is a continuation of the issue posted on:

The solution suggested in that post worked perfectly for a single input file. But, If we have multiple inputs to the Item Lists node as an array, the output of that node (“Split Out Items” operation) is one single array having the slices of multiple inputs together.

For example, let’s say I upload a single document through Webhook, it is creating the slices and splitting them into an array of let’s say 3 items. So, I am able to continue with the workflow with these 3 items belonging to the single document.

But, if I have 3 incoming documents, the Item Lists node will receive 3 inputs separately. But, the output of this node is now 10 items, as it combines the slices of all the documents together.

Attaching a picture for reference.

I am not sure how to create a loop or something for this, where I can get the individual splits for each input separately.

Please share your workflow

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.234.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): Postgres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting: main
  • Running n8n via: Docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS

Hi @Jayavel, looks like your workflow isn’t ready to run out of the box as it relies heavily on external data and services as well as community nodes.

Perhaps you can provide a dumbed down example workflow only sending test data to your Item Lists nodes and a subsequent Merge node plus confirm what data structure you would like to see exactly instead of the current result?

Okay, I will try to get some sample data. Since all of them are pulled from our internal sources, it’s kind of difficult.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.