How to remove value from other dropdown , if i change value in one of my dropdown(all my dropdowns are dependent on each other)

Hi N8N Team,
I have 4 drop downs in my custom node, all the dropdowns are dependent on each other(second dropdown value depends on first drop down and third drop down value depends on second drop down and fourth drop down values depends on third dropdown)
Attached the screen shot:

So know the problem is after selecting all the values from top , now if I want change the value in my first dropdown (In RPA Platform from Automation AnywhereV11.3 to Uipath2019.x) the values in the other three drop down are not getting removed automatically.
In the screen shot after changing the value in RPA Platform(from Automation Anywherev11.3 to Uipath2019.x) the other three dropdowns are showing the same values that I selected for Automation Anywherev11.3 I wanted other three dropdown values to be cleared automatically when I am changing the values in my first drop down

Note: I can able to do manually again selecting all the values from top.
can u give me any example for how to solve this problem.
Thanks and Regards
Praveen

Hello @praveen,
to make your options dropdown dependant I assume you use somehing like this

{
	displayName: 'RPA Instance',
	name: 'rpaInstance',
	typeOptions: {
		loadOptionsDependsOn: [
			'rpaPlatform',
		],
	},
},
{
	displayName: 'Execution Agent',
	name: 'executionAgent',
			'rpaInstance',
		],
	},
}

You could use multiple dependencies for Execution Agent to invalidate also on RPA Platform changes:

{
	displayName: 'Execution Agent',
	name: 'executionAgent',
			'rpaPlatform',
			'rpaInstance',
		],
	},
}

That might improve your invalidation experience but still won’t clear the dropdown after changes. The value is kept even after dependant changes for cases like

• The same value exists even after you changed a dependant option
  • You want to go back to your previously selected dependant option and still have your value selected

Instead of clearing the dropdown it shows you an error that you have to reselect, right?

Hi Marcus,

Is it possible to clear the dropdown values of the dependent fields if we change the parent field value?
As a good user experience we would ideally want it to function like that but if you confirm its not possible to clear the values anyhow then we will move on from this issue for time being.

Thanks.