How to 'Respond to Webhook' a entire .CSV format

Describe the issue/error/question

Hello, im trying to send a .CSV content to my webhook, i cant send in json format, i need to send only in .csv format. The same return.

I dont know what but cant get all registers, i cant get only the first.

So i dont know what is possible to do to solve this…

What is the error message (if any)?

No error, just a difficult.

The workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

17,1,HORT CHUCHU EMB KG , ,59,0,KG ,KG ,59

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:0.165.1
  • **Database you’re using (default: SQLite):**SQLite
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Desktop

Hey @MGD, welcome to the community!

Check out this example from @dickhoning:

It returns an Excel file but should work just as well with CSV.

Hello MutedJam, its almost like that.

I need to send the same content of CSV (same data). Its not just saving in a file, need to send back to webhook.

That’s what the example will do. You open a URL and get a full file in response.

In this example its send in attached file, i need to send a full response (.csv) in text mode.

Well i will test again with your example. Lets see what i get.

So you don’t actually want a CSV file but just a response that looks like a CSV file?

You could try this approach using the Move Binary Data node:

This returns first generates the CSV and then reads it into a single item which is then returned like so:

This is the problem, i cant respond in JSON… need to be the same format as .csv, comma values…

Yeah, check out my latest example workflow. It returns text only, no JSON :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are my hero !!!

Works like a charm.

1 Like

Awesome, glad to hear this helps! Thx for confirming :relaxed:

Very nice… Now i need to know why data is truncated… I have 5800 rows… i can only see 1800

So this might be a different problem. Do you see all 5,800 rows in n8n after reading your file?

let me check

Im trying but all workflow is in binary… Can we put a tempory node to see in TABLE format ?

I’d think your Spreadsheet File node would do that - it ready your binary data and returns the content in a table format:

Yes, its all there…

Maybe the problem is with the “comma” structure of the original .csv file…

The response has all values… But my destiny system ( reading ) cannot read all values… I think its not related with n8n…

But its strange…

Glad to hear you were able to confirm it, sorry to hear about the problem though :frowning:

The spreadsheet node itself doesn’t have a lot of options for building the CSV unfortunately, so you might want to raise a feature request if you’re missing something specific (like wrapping values in specific quotes, or using a different separator than the comma).

1 Like

I think i found…

I have 3 fiels that has " because they are price values, example:

field1, field2,“3,99”,“4,50”,“3,30”, field6

I think the output is truncated something…

Another problem is with latin characters in the output: ç ã é

picolé are showing: PICOLÉ

My Enviroment: n8n Windows Desktop

Well , i used the https://csvlint.io/ website to validate and standarized the .csv file.

The problem is with n8n. n8n is removing the " delimiter.

Hi @MGD

I messed around with these kinds of CSV a lot in the past.
there are some options in the spreadsheet node you can try:
Setting them to true will most likely mes sup the format and ease of use but it does give you the chance to create a workarround.

2 Likes