How to set the data either from one or another Node

Describe the problem/error/question

If I either have the “StripeId” already from the webhook or if I don’t have it already then I create it. In the image below the customer didn’t have “StripeId” already so I created it:

But CreateCardToken doesn’t work like that when data comes either from one or another node.

Of course, I can fix the issue by duplicating all the nodes after “SetStripeId” and solve the issue like that but that’s not a nice way to do it. Ideally, I would try to first avoid duplicating.

What is the error message (if any)?

As you see it says: No Stripe data found. We didn’t find any data in Stripe to simulate an event. Please create one in Stripe and try again.

Please share your workflow

PS. Pasted the code above but can’t see it so here is it in Drive, too>>

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.200.0
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu

Hi @kaspar ,
you could try adding a Set Node before the CreateCardToken node as done in the demo workflow below.
In the example, the Set Node is forwarding the stripe ID, no matter where it comes from.
Let me know if that helps!
Best

:point_down: DEMO WORKFLOW

Thanks for your help. Saved your code in the file and tried to import from the file but it says “Not valid JSON”. Anyway, I tried without importing your example myself to add two Set nodes in multiple ways: stripe id - YouTube

Hi @kaspar
have you tried running the whole workflow by clicking on the “Execute Workflow” button at the bottom?
Sometimes you need to run the whole workflow for data to flow correctly.

This is my demo workflow:

how the “retrieves Stripe ID” Set node is set:

how the “channels incoming data” Set node is set:

Example workflow:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.