How to write a subset of fields to a CSV file

Using the “HTTP Request” node I’m pulling records with ~25 fields. I only want to pull 6 of those fields and write the data to a CSV file. The API I’m pulling does not allow field selections. I’m a n8n noob and am not sure how to build the workflow for this…specifically what nodes to use. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I’m using the current desktop client.

Hi there! You can use the “Keep only set” option on the Set node to filter out unwanted properties.

https://docs.n8n.io/integrations/core-nodes/n8n-nodes-base.set/#keep-only-set

Thank you drudge…will try that and post again if I can’t make it work.

I’m sorry, but I can find no way to pass on the data from just 6 of the properties returned from the HTTP Request node using the Set node. I’ve read the Set node docs and played with with adding various “Values to Set” entries and the only thing the Set node outputs is the values I enter in the “Values to Set” section. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Is it possible to share a workflow so I can better understand what you’re trying?

If you use the Set node after your HTTP Request node with the “Keep Only Set” option, you can specify the 6 fields you’d like in the Values to Set. The actual value for these properties should be an expression that maps to the fields from the HTTP Request node.

Based on this, I think I understand…I’ll see what I can do. Much thx!