HTTP Pagination Troubleshooting

Hi,

Does anyone have advice how to troubleshoot the HTTP Request node pagination “complete expression”?

I’ve provided a completion expression that evaluates to true/false depending on whether the current response includes a “next” page link.

However when executing the node, it acts as if the expression always returns true and stops at the first page. It doesn’t make any additional requests, even though the response does contain a next URL and the completion expression does evaluate to false (at least in the UI preview).

If I set the “complete expression” to “{{ false }}” then it does make more requests, however each request is a repeat of the original one. Even though the node’s “next URL” field contains “page=2” in the UI, when executing, it just keeps replaying the same original request until it reaches the “max pages” limit.

It seems like the next URL and completion expressions operate on different $response data at execution time vs. the UI preview. In the UI, it looks like the evaluated expressions should lead to getting additional pages, but at run time that doesn’t happen.

Is there a way to console.log or otherwise inspect how the expressions are evaluating at run time? Or other ideas how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

n8n Version 1.22.6, AWS EKS, Amazon Linux 2

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

n8n Version 1.22.6, AWS EKS, Amazon Linux 2, Postgres, all other settings default

Hey, I am experiencing a similar problem after updating to version 1.22.6. In my workflow, the HTTP node was working perfectly with pagination, but now it’s only retrieving the first page. Even though my Complete Expression is still false, it doesn’t proceed to the next page.

When I manually change Complete Expression to {{ false }} it gets all pages as expected.

Same for me. Pagination feature is broken for the last few weeks.

@Jon @MutedJam Could you please help to clarify the situation?

Hey @Ruslan_Yanyshyn (and others),

Which version of n8n were you running before it stopped working?

I was running on 1.22.1 and it happened when I updated to 1.22.6

Hey @Ruslan_Yanyshyn,

If you go back down to 1.22.1 does it start working again?

Would also be interested to know if 1.22.5 works

1 Like

It’s working on 1.22.1 but doesn’t on 1.22.5

1 Like

Thanks, that rules out some versions so we should be able to resolve this fairly quickly

2 Likes

Morning,

Just a quick update, We are tracking this internally as NODE-1058

1 Like

I have the same issue after updating from 1.20 → 1.22.6
I revered back to 1.22.1 and issue was still present
I ended up reverting back to 1.20.0 and confirmed working proper again

Hey @Dan_Westness,

This should be fixed in todays release, If you can update to 1.25.0 you should be good to go.

1 Like

Thanks Jon!
I’ll wait until the next “latest” release since i don’t currently have a development environment to test further in. Appreciate the response and addressing it so quickly!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.