HTTP Request Node Help!

Describe the problem/error/question

When working on Lesson 2 Workflow 2 there is a reference to “Use the HTTP Request Node to get data from the API endpoint that stores company data.” What is that where to find the API enpoint that stores company data? Very confusing and incomplete frustration trying to learn this stuff off incomplete details. Please advise.

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share your workflow

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:**1.29.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): AirTable
  • **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):**default
  • **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):**n8ncloud
  • **Operating system:**MacOs 14.1.2

@Superdan , according to the instructions on the very same page, you should have received the API endpoint to query (aka URL) in the email when you signed up for the course.

Thanks, @ihortom, would be better if n8n updated the page with an updated screen shot of the configuration and expected result so as to avoid the nomenclature confusion for trainees, such as calling “API Endpoint” (aka URL: Dataset), that said, on to the next roadblock is the Header. Is it suppose to be “unique_id” or “api_key” as provided in the email? Also I have tried both and neither work. I enter both names and change and transverse the key receiving an error. See Pics.

Also, the “Options > Add Option > Split into items: Toggle to true” on the very same page is not viewable nor selectable in any of the screens I can configure.
. Please advise. below screen is view of options.

Thank you!

PS here is the reverse.

with the same error “Please provide the correct Unique ID”?

You are in the wrong place to add headers. Your screenshot is related to setting up the credentials. You, on the other hand, are asked to configure HTTP Request node, which has dedicated fields to add headers to HTTP request.

Hey @Superdan! Thanks for the feedback on the L2 course. Out of curiosity - did you do the L1 course first? I’m asking because it uses the exact same mechanism.

Hey @bartv , Yes I did complete Course 1, several weeks ago but it is a hack to get through this, and we have diff terms and references which is confusing for noobies…yet also the material could use a refresher as stated many times several years ago in many of the forums.

Still have unanswered questions. How to split the data?

Ah thanks for flagging this! This is no longer necessary - if you look at your output data you’ll see that it’s already split into 250 items. I’ll update the course!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.