Hubspot node authentication - need support for Hubspot private apps

I wanted to set up a Hubspot Trigger node, but looks like authentication is complicated, so i went for a normal Hubspot node.

The documentation on HubSpot - n8n Documentation suggests using API Key to authenticate, and the Hubspot credencial screen in n8n requires an API Key:

Problem is that as of 2022/11/30, API keys are deprecated, and we have to create and use Private apps:

Is there an updated node for Hubspot that allows authentication with a private app?

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.198.2
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): default
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: n8n for Mac

Hi @fxholl, as a first step you might want to update your n8n version, as more recent versions would take the sunsetting of API keys into account.

When creating a private app in Hubspot, make sure you select all relevant scopes (HubSpot - n8n Documentation has a list). At the end of the process you get a token like so:

This token can then be used in n8n by selecting the “App Token” (instead of “API Key”) authentication on the Hubspot node:

It worked! I upgraded to Desktop v0.204.0 for Mac and followed your instructions @MutedJam . Very easy!

1 Like

Sweet, thanks for confirming!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.