I want to transfer several folders from sftp 1 to sftp 2, but seem no guide or any example on the internet, anyone try before?

Describe the problem/error/question

dont know how to transfer several folders between 2 sftp server, but I did success on files transfer, just folder transfer still cannot work

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share your workflow

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @hhlau, welcome to the community.

While n8n can interact with SFTP locations (and for example up- and download files or list the content of a folder) I don’t think it’s a great tool to copy entire folders. If you wanted to do so, you’d first need to list the folder content of your source, then download all files and finally upload them to your destination.

Depending on how you have configured your n8n instance this can lead to memory problems if you have a lot of files (or very large files). In such cases you might want to consider calling tools like scp or possibly rclone through n8n’s ssh node.

This way you can still control the process through an n8n workflow, but have server 1 send its data directly to server 2 without having to process every single file in n8n.

Thanks for answering my question, I use ssh node to transfer the files/folders instead of using SFTP node in n8n.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.