IMAP Not Working When Workflow Active

Describe the problem/error/question

I have a workflow with IMAP trigger node. The workflow runs fine when I manually activate it. But it doesn’t work with I set it to active. Nothing happens.

What is the error message (if any)?

No errors anywhere that I see.

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Happy to share if needed. Runs fine manually and data passes through. Just nothing happens when ACTIVE.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
    [email protected]
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
    n8n cloud
  • Operating system:
    Mac

Hi @thereverend, I am sorry you are having trouble.

I can unfortunately not reproduce the problem based on the information you have provided, my IMAP triggers on n8n cloud are working as expected.

Is there a chance you’re simply not saving successful workflow executions? Keep in mind that production executions are not visible on the canvas in real-time but would have to be reviewed through the executions list after they have finished.

Also, keep in mind that GMail will remove IMAP support from Google Workspace soon: Google Workspace Updates: Beginning September 30, 2024: third-party apps that use only a password to access Google Accounts and Google Sync will no longer be supported. Perhaps you want to consider switching to the Gmail trigger node?

Thanks you for the help. It’s definitely saving executions. It simply doesn’t work in auto mode. I tried creating a new flow with the same nodes and same problem.

I’ve wasted so many hours fighting bugs in n8n, I’ve decided to move back to Zapier. Zapier is expensive but it works and I don’t have to fight so many bugs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.