Improve Data Table management with a folder structure similar to Workflows

The idea is:

Implement a hierarchical folder and sub-folder organization system for n8n’s native Data Tables, mirroring the current organizational structure available for Workflows.

My use case:

I manage multiple different projects (e.g., Client A, Client B, Internal Tools) and different environments (Production, Staging, Testing) within the same n8n instance. I need to be able to group my Data Tables by project or by environment type so that I can quickly locate and access the relevant data structures without confusion.

I think it would be beneficial to add this because:

As the number of Data Tables grows, the current “flat list” view becomes increasingly difficult to navigate. It leads to “scrolling fatigue” and high cognitive load when trying to find a specific table among dozens or hundreds of others.

Introducing folders would significantly improve the scalability of n8n for power users and agencies. It would transform the Data Table management from a simple list into a structured database management system, making the platform more professional and organized for enterprise-level use cases.

Any resources to support this?

The existing Folder/Sub-folder implementation used for Workflows in n8n provides a perfect blueprint and a consistent user experience that users are already familiar with.

Are you willing to work on this?

No