In pnpm mono repo recursive build is failing while building docker image, but when tring to run in normal it doesnt have issue

=> ERROR [stage-0 6/11] RUN pnpm run -r build 1.0s

[stage-0 6/11] RUN pnpm run -r build:
0.907 ERROR Expected pattern to be a non-empty string

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Welcome to the community @Mohan_Satya!

Can you please provide additional information? Without it, it will be impossible to help you. It would, for example, be essential to know what kind of operating system you are using and, potentially, what kind of architecture your CPU has. Thanks!

hi @jan , I am using windows 11 os, installed docker desktop. did following configuration in docker file

# Use Node.js as the base image
FROM node:latest

# Set the working directory in the container
WORKDIR .

# Copy package.json and package-lock.json or pnpm-lock.yaml
COPY package.json ./
# Use pnpm-lock.yaml if you are using PNPM, or use package-lock.json for npm/yarn

# Install dependencies using pnpm
RUN npm install -g pnpm 

# Copy the rest of the application code
COPY . . 

RUN pnpm install

RUN pnpm run -r build

Sorry, we can not support a totally new custom image. If you want to build a custom n8n image, you should use the following one from our repository. It already contains everything that is required can can be found here:

btw. just that you are aware of it early in case you are doing that. White labeling n8n and/or commercializing code requires a special embed license.
More information can be found here: embed n8n

Hi @jan
I am trying replicate steps provided in the url Working with Docker | pnpm. In those steps faced issue for my repository. Expectation is to create image of repository.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.