Infinite loop execution view is breaking UI

Hi everyone,
So I ran an automation which bugged and then ran into a never ending loop for 2hours. My CPUs went into 100% capacity. Had to stop the workflow from console.
Wanted to check the execution in UI, but everyone I try to check that execution, the whole app dies.

Is that expected?

I can still check other executions but everytime I click on this one, i have to refresh the UI.

Just wanted to double check, or if I have bigger issues in my instance.
Thanks!

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @Vince,

It could be that there is too much data to show so it is trying to load it and running into issues, I have had a few workflows on my own instance where I have worked with a lot of data and it either takes a long time to load or the browser will normally error.

When the automation bugged what happened for you to realise that as there could also be something there.

The automation issue was my fault, I ran batching when I didn’t really need to and it kept on running because I asked it to always give an output so ran in Loop.
It doesn’t seem to have happened since removing batch. Actually removing batch improved speed too as it makes concurent calls rather than looping it.

If you’ve had as well the issue, that’s totally fine then. Just wanted to confirm, as i wasn’t sure if you were loading all the data in the UI which would make sense the browser just breaks.

Thanks for this, we can close it. Might help someone one day who has UI issue too. Just in the UX feels odd that it crashes rather than say “too much data” can’t show, download full log. (i guess that might not happen on the cloud-served n8n).

Thanks!
Vince

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.