Insert text plain in array to another node

Hello Community!!

I wanted to check if there is any possibility of inserting data from another node in plain text? for example I am getting an email from an http request and I need to insert it in plain text in an array in the JIRA node, is that possible?

Regards,!!!

Hi @Internalit_Automatio, n8n works with JSON data structures, so your plain text would need to be stored in a field of your n8n item.

Perhaps you can share the JSON data you currently have and what you would like to have instead?

I need to insert this JSON: JSON: {{$node[“Get Owners”].json[“members”][0][“email”]}} to the following array in the JIRA node in a customfield: {{[{ “emailAddress”: “here JSON”, “accountId”: “qm:c79f1cd1-eb0c-4b34-9f29-e11c32164100 :1577bcab-5d36-42fe-8d72-XXXXX” }]}}

Can you try using an expression like this which should return a valid JSON object?

{{ [{ "emailAddress": $node["Get Owners"].json["members"][0]["email"], "accountId": "qm:c79f1cd1-eb0c-4b34-9f29-e11c32164100 :1577bcab-5d36-42fe-8d72-XXXXX" }] }}

@MutedJam OMG IT’s workss, I really appreciate your prompt reply!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

thanks you soo muchhhh!!!

1 Like

Awesome, glad to hear this works :slight_smile: