Installation on Qnap Container Station

Hello, I installed N8N on my Qnap Container Station, with an external MySQL database (on another container). Today I want to change my address from HTTP to HTTPS, but I don’t know how to do it with this type of installation.

• n8n version: 0.169.0
  • Database : MySQL
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: Own
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker

Hey @NSellier,

Are you using compose with docker or just using a docker run command? Are you also using it with traefik or do you have another reverse proxy in front of n8n already?

You can change the protocol for n8n with the environment variables and you would need to also set the certificates manually but it could be easier to just a reverse proxy and let that handle the certificates.

Are you using compose with docker or just using a docker run command?
I just use docker, and i user env variables

Are you also using it with traefik or do you have another reverse proxy in front of n8n already?
I user the lastest image of n8n ans i havn’t proxy in front

set the certificates manually but it could be easier to just a reverse proxy and let that handle the certificates

Ok but could you help for this plz ?

For information of Qnap : https://www.qnap.com/fr-fr/how-to/tutorial/article/comment-utiliser-container-station

Thanks for your answer and help.

If you have an existing SSL certificate you can set the below changing the path to the key and pem file to where you store them.

export N8N_PROTOCOL=https
export N8N_SSL_KEY=/path/to/server.key
export N8N_SSL_CERT=/path/to/server.pem

If you wanted to use a reverse proxy it would be a case of working out which one you want to use (traefik, nginx, caddy, some other one) then setting it up on the nas and pointing it to your current install, we have an example using Traefik with docker compose and an example caddy file in the documentation for this route but we don’t have any steps for using the QNAP interface so that would need to be worked out.

Looking at that link you sent though it looks like container station supports using Docker Compose files so you could just use the compose file we have here: Server Setup | Docs which takes care of everything.

Perfect thanks.