Installing n8n on Debian Systems

I finally took the time to create a video on how to Install n8n on a Debian based (i.e. Ubuntu, Raspberry Pi, etc.) system. You can see the full video here: n8n Installation on a Debian System - YouTube

6 Likes

Congrats && Nice !

Hi.

I tried to install n8n on Debian 11 (Digital ocean droplet). I do it step by step (I watched video) and it is not working. Can you tell me what is wrong?

root@debian-s-1vcpu-512mb-10gb-fra1-01:~# npm install n8n -g
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: Please switch to @apidevtools/json-schema-ref-parser
npm WARN deprecated @types/[email protected]: This is a stub types definition. express-unless provides its own type definitions, so you do not need this installed.
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: request-promise-native has been deprecated because it extends the now deprecated request package, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: this library is no longer supported
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: Please upgrade to version 7 or higher. Older versions may use Math.random() in certain circumstances, which is known to be problematic. See There’s Math.random(), and then there’s Math.random() · V8 for details.
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: core-js@<3.23.3 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Because of the V8 engine whims, feature detection in old core-js versions could cause a slowdown up to 100x even if nothing is polyfilled. Some versions have web compatibility issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js.
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: Please upgrade to latest, formidable@v2 or formidable@v3! Check these notes: formidable/VERSION_NOTES.md at master · node-formidable/formidable · GitHub
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: The querystring API is considered Legacy. new code should use the URLSearchParams API instead.
npm WARN deprecated @npmcli/[email protected]: This functionality has been moved to @npmcli/fs
Killed …] / extract:n8n-workflow: sill extract @azure/[email protected]