Installing n8n on DigitalOcean App Platform

I’ve forked n8n from the Github repository, and then I attempted to deploy it on the DigitalOcean app platform. The first build error I got was that there was no package-lock.json file so I opened the project in VS code (with Node.js 12.16.1) and ran the command “npm install nodemon” in the terminal. On the next attempt to deploy on DigitalOcean, the build failed with error:

✘ an error occurred while parsing project.yml:
 Warning: found pnpm-workspace.yaml but no project.yml
Error:   : Action directory packages/editor-ui/tests has no files

This happened within the second of two components (n8n2, Function) of the app deployment. What’s the simplest way to generate or get a project.yml file for n8n without downloading too many extra programs? Should the port be 8080? Are there settings I can add to the App Spec configuration in DO to get it to deploy correctly?

Sorry without having checked anything. We do not support Node.js v12. The recommended version is 16. Can you please try with that version first. Thanks!

I installed Node v16.18 on my machine and re-generated the package-lock.json file. This time the app build failed on n8n2 (functions) with a slightly different error:

✘ an error occurred while parsing project.yml:
Warning: found pnpm-workspace.yaml but no project.yml
 Error:   : Action directory packages/design-system/theme has no files

I tried specifying node v16.18 in the package.json file but that didn’t help.

DigitalOcean refers to this documentation about the buildpacks used to build the app:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.