Interface bug with fixed collection input type, or am I doing something wrong?

Hello, I have a custom node with an options input type. When a specific option is selected, it deploys a fixed collection input type. The issue is that although the fixed collection is displayed correctly, two additional fixed collection input types appear at the top of the interface. These duplicate inputs copy what I type in the correct fixed collection input

In this image, I only type in the fixed collection below, and the two above will copy that

Repo:

File where I declare the inputs:

Something to add, this happens only if I choose a custom asset in the Destination part, I don’t have the same problem if I choose a custom asset for the Source

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.218.0
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (npm):
  • Operating system: Windows 10

Hey @Ja-boop,

Welcome to the community :raised_hands:

That was a fun little journey and the quick version is you have 3 fields all set to show if isDestinationAssetNative is [false] the 2 that are appearing I suspect are from payments/pathPaymentStrictSend and payments/pathPaymentStrictReceive if you were to load those 2 and set the Destination Asset to Custom Asset you should see the same issue. Quickest way to fix it would be to add another show on the field so it only shows for the operation and resource you are using.

The way I found this was in your screenshot the 2 extra fields appear between Resource and Operation and your description files set the Operation value so we know that the issue is in a file before the Swap description is loaded.

In the code there are only 3 descriptions loaded before it which helped narrow it down, From there it was just a case of greping the code to find isDestinationAssetNative: [false] in those folders and work back from that.

2 Likes

Helloo, thank you so much, you’re right!

I don’t know why I didn’t think that. Probably I will try to do a global description to not repeat the same input, or simply use different names.

2 Likes

This works great!

1 Like

That is good to hear, Enjoy the new node :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.