Invalid DateTime in Set Node

Describe the problem/error/question

I am getting the _createTime value from a Google Cloud Firestore node and I am trying to format it to something Nocodb can take. However, I keep getting the invalid DateTime error. This was working previously in an earlier N8N release. Is there someone that could let me know why I am getting the error? Thanks.

{{ DateTime.fromISO($json["_createTime"]).toFormat('yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss') }}

What is the error message (if any)?

Invalidate DateTime

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

[
{
"created_date":
"Invalid DateTime"
}
]

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.231.2
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

YOU CAN TRY:

{{ new Date($json[ā€œ_createTimeā€]).toISOString().replace(ā€˜Tā€™, ā€™ ').slice(0, -5) }}
or
{{ DateTime.fromISO($json[ā€œ_createTimeā€]).toUTC().toFormat(ā€˜yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ssā€™) }}

Thanks Fernanda.

{{ new Date($json["_createTime"]).toISOString().replace('T', ' ').slice(0, -5) }} 

works for me, but

{{ DateTime.fromISO($json["_createTime"]).toUTC().toFormat('yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss') }}

does not.

1 Like

It turns out the Timezone in the workflow Settings set to default seemed to have caused the error.

Once Iā€™ve changed it to my local timezone, the original DateTime code works again.

{{ DateTime.fromISO($json["_createTime"]).toFormat('yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss') }}

No more ā€œInvalid DateTimeā€.

3 Likes

Amazing! I was having an issue today with the timezone too, mine was GMT -3 Sao Paulo, but it was setting it wrong so i had to search a solution to subtract 3 hoursā€¦ :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.