Is there a way to select the output of a node 2 steps back without addressing the name of the node?

Describe the problem/error/question

I’m trying to access the output of a node 2 steps back. But i can’t reference the name since they are unique.

As you can see in the screenshot, i need to access the email meta input from the last node. But i cant since they all have different names.

What is the error message (if any)?

No error messages. I can only reference the node by name, but I can’t do that since they all have different names.

Please share your workflow

Solution:

Just merge the two nodes and output the merge as one item:

@Desent_Solutions_Gmb Not really. You have to specify the data you want and from with node. Otherwise n8n will pick the data from the exact previous nide

1 Like

I found a solution:
Just use merge, and the output will combine the email and HTML:

1 Like

@Desent_Solutions_Gmb
When editing the node on the top left there is an INPUT dropdown box. You can go back to and reference from any previous nodes. See the screenshot below

Then once you select that you should be able to see and reference all of your data from that node

This should leave you with something a little cleaner and more maintainable than the merge node

Let me know if you don’t see those options

1 Like

Thank you for the answer, but in my case i cannot reference the name of the node since I want to have multiple nodes there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.