Issue on append feature on "Merge node"

Hi my dear friends

In my case:

changer_008

• I have 3 “set node” that they save some variable from different streams
  • I merge their results by “merge node”. It is possible that some of that variable or set nodes" be empty.
  • I save them into my database.

My problem is:
The variables that set from different stream save in separate rows.

While I want to save them in my database (google sheets) in just one row. (like below image)

Could anyone help me please?
Best regards;

Not sure if I understand you correctly. But it sounds like you simply want all the data of both inputs combined in one item after the merge?

If that is the case you can simple set the Merge-Node to “Merge By Index”. That one merges the data of both inputs by index. That means it takes the first item (index 0) of Input 1 and combines them with the first item of Input 2. Then it does the same with the second item (index 1) of Input 1 which it combines with the second item of Input 2, … and so on.

Here an example:

1 Like

Hello @mooghermez, @jan , @mcnaveen
I have a similar issue which I cant seem to solve.
The variables are separate inputs so I have trouble inserting the inputs as a single row. Input 1 → Input 2 and then finally input 3.
My problem is that Input 2 is not being inserted and that Input 1 and 3 are the same.
Any Suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
This is what shows up in my database.

1 Like

Hello @ruby09

Looking at your workflow, I’m not sure the Merge node can accept 3 Inputs at a time.

Did you try with Two Inputs?

Hi @mcnaveen ,
Yes I did try but I’m not sure if I did it correctly. There is nothing being shown in the database.

1 Like

@ruby09

If the data is NULL that means you have the wrong Mode in Merge Node.

Can you set the Mode to Multiplex and try.

This is the MongoDB Node output when the Merge Node’s Mode is set to Multiplex.

And this is the Workflow.

Here is what happens when the Merge Node’s Mode is set to Append.

It creates two document objects.

2 Likes