Issues evaluating time with IF Node

Describe the issue/error/question

I’m using an IF not to filter out RSS data that was posted before the last run, but it’s missing data.

What is the error message (if any)?

None

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.219.1
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: own
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker

Hey @netris,

Welcome to the community :tada:

What data is it missing? I am not sure if it helps but a while back I made an RSS Feed trigger node that might solve this for you.

Thanks for the reply. If you notice in the screenshot, there are 3 feed items that have posted in the last 60 minutes. However only 2 make it through the IF statement. (IF Statement is if the post’s iso date is greater than the current iso date minus 60 minutes)

I’d be happy to try out your plugin, but I’m running docker, so unless it becomes available to a native installation, I’m afraid I cannot use it.

Hey @netris,

Under Settings > Community Nodes you can install custom nodes created by the community. It is available on Docker or npm based installs.

I did look at the screenshot but I couldn’t work out what was missing, For me your timestamp was 12:12 and the 2 posts were at 12:24 and 12:23 with the third one being at 11:47 so based on that it looked correct to me.

Here are the latest 4 posts with some of the data removed to make it easier…

The timestamp in your shot unless I mistyped it is 1678709557253 which is Mon Mar 13 2023 12:12:37 GMT

Thanks for the reply. I discovered That their ISO date doesn’t always match their Publication date which looks like it might be causing the issue, because the pub date falls within the 60 minute span, but the iso date was the hour prior. I’ve changed to evaluating pubDate and keeping my fingers crossed.

For you plugin, Will it persist docker data? If so, I’ll happily install it to save me added headache with this RSS Stuff.

Thanks for your insightful replies!

Hey @netris,

As long as you have docker keeping data the node just keeps the data in the workflow static data, it basically does what your workflow does but in one node.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.