Issues with getting HTTP Redirected URL

I am brand new to N8n. I signed up a few hours ago to try out this platform and see if it will work better than my current setup.

So my workflow is I get an email with a link to a zoom event, but its a redirected link from Wixevents.com. So I created a workflow where I can extract this wixevent link and use that to find the redirected actual zoom link. But I can’t make this work in here. I started with my webhook which gets the wixevent URL. Then I pass it to HTTP Ruquests, but it isn’t returning what I expected and I can’t get the link of it.

Workflow
Workflow

Webhook Settings

HTTP Settings

I am not sure what I need to change to be able to get the http://us06.zoom.com/abunchofnumbersandletters link.

I am hoping that someone here can help me get this setup so I can continue building out my workflows.

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

@jlhsolutions , I don’t believe you can access Zoom link without being authenticates there first. It might be easier to access the link from Zoom itself. Zoom also can use webhooks to notify you of events.

All I want to do is get the redirected URL. I can do this with Zapier and Make.com, but their platforms are limited. I just want to paste a URL into the HTTP node and have it output the final URL that it goes to. That is all I am looking to get from that node. I don’t need to connect to Zoom. I just need the zoom URL so I can add it into my Google Calendar event.

@jlhsolutions , by following the URL you are getting the resource you are asking for with GET request, that is the content of the page; you will not get the URL you are redirected to this way. Try turning off redirect and see if the output can contain the redirect URL which you can parse.

@ihortom Ok I did as you suggested. Now I get a 302 error.

In both Make.com and Zapier, I am able to do this, but I would really like to use 1 platform so I don’t have to send data to all these other services if at all possible.

In Make.com, this is what I had set up.

I’m afraid HTTP Request node does not have such a functionality built in. You would have to use custom code and self-host n8n to use it.

Ok. I was looking into the self-install. Would you be able to help me with the custom code you mentioned above?

Try the suggestion in node.js - how to get the landing page URL after redirections using axios - Stack Overflow.