Item List / expression syntax

Hey !
I can aggregate a json if the data is directly passed to my Item List node. I just typed user.id in the field and it works. How would I use the data from another node ? I can seem to get the syntax / expression to work.

Let say I got a node called “Match assignee” and it output this json. What should I use in the Item List down the line instead of just user.id ?

[
    {
    "user": {
    "id": 48185757635,
    "username": "Sb",
    "email": "[email protected]",
    "color": "#e65100",
    "profilePicture": null,
    "initials": "SB",
    "role": 3,
    "custom_role": null,
    "last_active": "1654863883603",
    "date_joined": "1654018643777",
    "date_invited": "1654018433880"
    },
    "invited_by": {
    "id": 26327539,
    "username": "MP",
    "color": "#0ab4ff",
    "initials": "MP",
    "profilePicture": "https://attachments.clickup.com/profilePictures/27539_7SR.jpg"
    }
    },
    {
    "user": {
    "id": 26312753935,
    "username": "MP",
    "color": "#0ab4ff",
    "profilePicture": "https://attachments.clickup.com/profilePictures/26339_7SR.jpg",
    "initials": "MP",
    "role": 1,
    "custom_role": null,
    "last_active": "1658146966520",
    "date_joined": "1654010655060",
    "date_invited": "1654010655060"
    }
    }
    ]

I can do it with a function node but I need to know why it’s not working with List :smiley:

Hi @MPB

I can aggregate a json if the data is directly passed to my Item List node. I just typed user.id in the field and it works. How would I use the data from another node ? I can seem to get the syntax / expression to work.

You would need to feed the output data from your node directly into the Item Lists node. The Item Lists node only accepts a field name but not allows a reference to other nodes. You can, however, add as many Item Lists nodes to your workflow as you like, so you could simply place another one after the “Match assignee” node from your example.

1 Like

I thought I could use something like {{$node[“Match assignee”].user.id}} as an expression

No problem, I’ll keep using the Function node as I got it working. Thx ! :slight_smile: