Jira Add Attachment node fails finding binary data

Describe the issue/error/question

First it is important to clarify that i set the binary data mode for other nodes:
N8N_DEFAULT_BINARY_DATA_MODE=filesystem

When using the Jira node to add a file as an attachment to a Jira Software Cloud issue, it fails saying:
ERROR: Error finding file: /root/.n8n/binaryData/9ad19bc8-71aa-4580-9888-ff8853b1ea4b

What is the error message (if any)?

Stack

Error: Error finding file: /root/.n8n/binaryData/9ad19bc8-71aa-4580-9888-ff8853b1ea4b
    at BinaryDataFileSystem.retrieveFromLocalStorage (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/src/BinaryDataManager/FileSystem.ts:252:10)
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/nodes/Jira/Jira.node.ts:990:31)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/src/Workflow.ts:1271:19)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/src/WorkflowExecute.ts:939:29

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.210.2
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): Postgresql
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: queue
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: k8s

Hey @German_Bravo,

Can you share your workflow? At the moment that looks like it is failing to find the file but it would be nice to see your workflow so I can work out why it is failing.

Hi @Jon, here you go

Hi, any update on this case?

Hi, im going through the same issue with an HTTP node.

My findings were the following:

• As i have 3 instances of n8n (1 principal, 2 workers), it is strange that the binary files are created in the principal node

The n8n instances are the following: (EKS implementation)

In the two workers, the binaryData folder (/root/.n8n/binaryData) is empty, it only have the “meta” and “persistMeta” folders.

I think the problem is the binary files are created in the principal n8n instance, and the executions are taking place in the workers?

The last failed execution:

Error: Error finding file: /root/.n8n/binaryData/7090087a-151f-4427-8b31-fccb0a66d222 at BinaryDataFileSystem.retrieveFromLocalStorage (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/src/BinaryDataManager/FileSystem.ts:251:10) at parmetersToKeyValue (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/nodes/HttpRequest/V3/HttpRequestV3.node.ts:1085:21) at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/nodes/HttpRequest/V3/HttpRequestV3.node.ts:1103:28) at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/src/Workflow.ts:1270:19) at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/src/WorkflowExecute.ts:949:29

Hey @German_Bravo,

So it looks like the problem here is filesystem is not fully supported in queue mode, when I spotted k8s before it didn’t tweak that you were probably running workers as well.

There could be any fix for this problem?

Thanks!

I just found this

Is there any chance that this will be fixed in new releases of n8n?

Hey @German_Bravo,

It is possible that we may sort something in the future but for now you would need to use the memory option. In theory you could store data between runs if you use the write binary node to write it to a path that exists on all your instances.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.