Jira Custom field set

I’m trying to set a custom field via the n8n update issue box. I have a custom field (customfield_12500) and four possible values that are 10301, 10302, 10303 and 10304.

This process updates the custom field of the related Jira ticket. However, when I set the field value (Custom field customfield_102500 and value 10301) I get the following error:

400 - {“errorMessages”:[],“errors”:{“customfield_102500”:“Specify a valid ‘id’ or ‘name’ for CUSTOM_FIELD_NAME”}}

Is it needed another nomenclature like id.10301 or something like that? I also tried with the name (string) of the field and including { “value”: “10301”} but it did not work.

The HTTP error is 400.

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:0.231.2
  • **Running n8n via Docker

You need to use an expression to send an object with the name or id. Looks like the id in your case.

Hi! @pemontto! Thanks for the response. I tested both options (and modified the labels to “value”, “id”, “name”, “key”…) but the same error is triggered. My instance is a Jira Service Management Cloud and n8n works well with other automation. Do you have any other ideas?

Can you provide a sample workflow or screenshot of how you’re doing it? Last resort, which I had to do for issue transitions, is to recreate the request in an HTTP node reusing the Jira auth.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.