Key value storages

Sometimes I would like to have two different knots:
(currently I have to maintain it manually in a separate table and the handling is rather awkward).

Global Storage, which can contain values that are cross-workflow and cross-execution.

• Get Global Storage Values (keys)
  • Set Global Storage Values (keys, values)

Workflow Storage, which can contain values that are only stored in the current workflow (cross-execution).

• Get Workflow Storage Values (keys)
  • Set Workflow Storage Values (keys, values)

Hi @lublak - while the following doesn’t really help with global data, are you aware of a workflow’s static data feature?

Some details in docs here: Function | Docs

This data is not easily visible/ modifiable via the UI but perhaps can help in some of your case. Generally however, totally see the utility in having native data storage with a namespace aspect (global/ wf/ environment)

1 Like

No, I must have overlooked that. Then “only” a real global storage is missing.

And perhaps a node gui would also be nice for this.

Storage Get

• Columns
    • ColumnName

Storage Set

• Columns
    • ColumnName
    • ColumnValue
3 Likes

Is such a data store on the roadmap?

Yes, but no ETA.

1 Like

Btw. we have also planned to have some kind of public Roadmap in the future. It will probably not include any ETAs either but will make it clearer for the community what we are working on and so what is coming up.

3 Likes

Sounds great, thanks! And yeah, I’m aware of the problems with publishing ETA’s :wink: I recommend keeping it rather high level and avoid going into details too much.

1 Like

Perhaps one option could be to add a storage and editor to:

• modify task variables (not only in running mode).
  • modify global variables in all n8n.