Langchain Execution Error in Production Mode

Issue with Workflow Execution in Production Mode on n8n

Could not get parameter

Hello everyone,

I’m encountering an issue with my n8n workflow that functions perfectly in debug mode but fails in production mode. The issue arises with the “Basic LLM Chain” node, where I use the expression {{ $('Loop_over_topics').item.json.topic }} to pass data. In debug mode, it works as expected, but in production mode, I receive an error “Could not get parameter”.

Furthermore, in production mode, the expression automatically changes to {{ $json.chatInput }}, which seems to be causing the issue. This unexpected change in expression only occurs in production mode, and I’m at a loss as to why this is happening or how to resolve it. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Are there known differences in how expressions are handled between debug and production modes on n8n that might be causing this problem?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.25.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): Postgres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system:

finally i found someone has the same error as mine i dont know why its always working in my test and failing on production i was thinking i have error somewhere but you confirmed that n8n bug . please fix this bug in the next update or if there is a practical solution for it ? thank you

1 Like

Hey @Hicham_GAJGAOU,

Welcome to the community :tada:

I have just given your test workflow a run and for me it is ok in 1.26.0 in both testing and production. Could you try updating and let me know if that makes any difference.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.