🦜⛓️ LangChain - Memory + Chat

The idea is:

I would like to request the inclusion of a LangChain Node in n8n. LangChain is a library that assists in the development of language-based applications that combine large language models (LLMs) with other sources of computation or knowledge. The LangChain Node would enable n8n users to integrate language-based applications with their workflows.

My use case:

As a language-based application developer, I often use LLMs to build powerful applications. With the LangChain Node, I would be able to integrate LLMs with other sources of computation or knowledge, resulting in even more powerful and efficient applications. For example, I could use the LangChain Node to build a chatbot that uses an LLM to understand natural language and then integrates with other nodes in my workflow to perform tasks.

I think it would be beneficial to add this because:

The LangChain Node would add significant value to n8n by enabling users to build language-based applications that are more powerful and efficient than what is currently possible. With the increasing importance of natural language processing and understanding, the LangChain Node would be a valuable addition to n8n’s library of nodes.

Any resources to support this?

Here’s a link to the LangChain library: GitHub - langchain-ai/langchain: ⚡ Building applications with LLMs through composability ⚡

Are you willing to work on this?

Unfortunately, I am not skilled in node development and would not be able to contribute to the development of the LangChain Node. However, I am willing to provide feedback and testing support.

2 Likes

Exactly. If the n8n team integrates langchain, they will ride this AI wave hard.

Listen to David Shapiro actually suggesting this for n8n: 8 Post-Singularity Lifestyles + The Latest and Best AI Tools + Functional Machine Sentience! - YouTube

5 Likes

I may be able to help develop the integration

4 Likes

This would be of great help!!

Hey, any progress on this idea? Did you decide to give this a shot? Cheers.

That would be of a great help, I think we need to look at what the guys at GitHub - FlowiseAI/Flowise: Drag & drop UI to build your customized LLM flow using LangchainJS are doing

I’d prefer to build my workflows directly in n8n, also I think n8n is the perfect tool to ride the AI wave

3 Likes

There is also GitHub - logspace-ai/langflow: ⛓️ LangFlow is a UI for LangChain, designed with react-flow to provide an effortless way to experiment and prototype flows.

N8n will be a market leader if it adds LangChain nodes
With all pre-existing n8n nodes, now supercharged with AI, sky will be the limit

2 Likes

Another relevant tool:

Thanks so much for the suggestion @Biscottino. We indeed already played around with a Langchain node in an internal hackathon to test out what it can do and how we can use it best. While we saw a huge opportunity for value, we also saw some risks - in paticular how early LangChain still is and that it can have unwanted destructive actions sometimes.

We will continue to explore. In the meantime, I would be super happy to hear more about potential use cases that you might have.

One workaround instead of depending/waiting on langchain to mature to be added is to add in the other sources/integrations that work with langchain:

Some exist already in n8n but most don’t. Like Vector DBs like Pinecone, Hugging Face and more…

Langchain is basically code version of n8n for ai. N8n has most* of the no-code/code integrations for tools/apps out there, it’s just the few version in there.

Samples usecases are creating chatbots, autogpt agents that run specifically based on your n8n nodes and customized data unlocking a lot of possibilities.

Thanks a lot, everybody! As an update. We are actively working on integrating LangChain capabilities into n8n already. We are looking forward to getting the first beta version released soon and then hopefully winning some of you as beta testers to receive some much-needed feedback!

8 Likes

This is super exciting and very much welcomed. Thank you @jan

1 Like

This is amazing. I use Flowise now and have to have n8n call Flowise and vice versa… this would be an efficiency dream!

@jan Super great ! I would love to give it a shot in the beta version

1 Like

Thanks a lot @TheG! I will then contact you.

Could please everybody who wants to play around with the beta version send us an email to: [email protected]

Thanks a lot!

3 Likes

Iam so hyped to be honest. The disruption is real :slight_smile:
Looking forward to the beta test, just sent a mail last night.

Thank you so much to everyone that is actively supporting n8n!

3 Likes

@jan sent an email to beta test it.

Any updates on how the beta tests are going… estimate on production release date?

2 Likes

I think what n8n really needs here, is the flowise/langflow integration. You dont need to create all those memory, template, index nodes from langchain because they are already implemented in 2 open source self hosted apps. Won’t worth it. What we really need here is a meaningful integration with those platforms where in one automation flow we can create a chat session with the langchain chat and be able to repeatedly call it