Level 2 - Part 2: Generating file for regional sales

Describe the problem/error/question

Could not work out the nodes to generate the binary and afterwise the pdf report.
When using the node “convert to file”, there is no option to choose a generic “binary file”. also, there is not the possibility to use the node “write binary file” as pointed at ( Workflow 2 | n8n Docs )

Please kindly share the nodes, so that I could follow them.
I do not know why the solution is not put available, as in level 1.

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.26.0
  • Database: Postgres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting: queue mode
  • Running n8n via: Docker at digital ocean
  • Operating system: 1gb ram 32gb ssd nvme

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @Lucas_Galdiano,

Welcome to the community :+1:

We don’t provide the solution as level 2 is meant to be a bit harder and encourage a bit of self discovery.

We do need to update the course though to work with the new nodes so it could be waiting for @bartv to finish his current review of it

2 Likes

hmm… ok. i managed to finish the level 2, but not exactly as the tutorial says.
however, for the beginners, the current tutorial could be misleading and not ideal to follow.
i added some suggestions as issues on github, so that i could contribute to improve a little the free course.

Hey @Jon ,

Using the opportunity, i tried to send an email asking for the badge for level 2 and got a no-reply response. could you assist me with it? it has been a day and no result was sent to me so far…

Hey @Lucas_Galdiano! As Jon said, I’ve been busy updating the Level 2 course and am almost done. One of the changes I made is that the exercises will all have code examples. I agree with Jon that this course is meant to be harder, but I do remember and appreciate the frustration when you get stuck. Hope it’ll help!

I can’t help you with the badge, but Jon is back and will undoubtedly handle that for you.

2 Likes

Hey @Lucas_Galdiano,

Can you share the unique id you got when signing up for the level 2 course, I can then check the events to see if you have finished everything. I have checked f51c1b9961e10211090e6085391be9c3 which is in your workflow but that is not a valid level 2 course ID.

Oh, I just noticed this part of your question: are you using a Cloud instance? If so, this node won’t be available to you. I’ll add a notice to the course to explain this, and will consider reworking that part at some point.

2 Likes

Hello @Jon ,

I just received the id “f51c1b9961e10211090e6085391be9c3” for level 1 per email when I applied for the course.

This was the reason that I completed it using the same ID and posted the messages of level2 on discord channel for level1.

Could you work it out using the id from level1? How should I proceed?

/// EDIT fev20 16h45 GMT-3 ///

Just found the link to sign up for level 2 in the intro of the course (missed it before). Now I changed the ids and urls and the messages were posted accordingly:

I used the opportunity to take the quiz again and now everything worked fine and I received the results properly.

I’d suggest:

• adding a button or link “subscription for level 2” in the end of the email that send the quiz results from level 1
  • somehow highlight (maybe with an emoji :warning: or something similar) in the first exercise of level2 that the urls/webhook are different than the ones from the 1st exercise to avoid troubles for the next attendants

If possible, please kindly send the quiz results (level 1 and 2 for further improvement) to [email protected]

All in all, thanks for the assistance!

Ah ok, this is why then. So, when using cloud instance, the only way to generate a pdf would be using a third party api?

Hey @Lucas_Galdiano,

I see what you mean on the Level 2 course we just say…

Credentials for Header Auth: The Header Auth name and Header Auth value you received in the email when you signed up for this course.

Which may not be clear, I will get a warning added to that. In the future I want to change it so we only have one ID for each user as that will make this a lot easier.

On the results we don’t anything prepared to send them so it will be a manual process to check but for level 2 I can tell you that on 2 multiple choice questions you didn’t select all of the correct answers the workflow 2 question you got the value wrong.

Looking at the questions we also need to update them @bartv

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.