LinkedIn node: Forbidden

Explanation and error message

I get the following error message after connecting my LinkedIn account, on the Person Name or ID field of the create post LinkedIn node:

ERROR: Forbidden - perhaps check your credentials?

403 - {“status”:403}

Details

Time

12/18/2023, 3:21:28 PM

HTTP Code

Stack

NodeApiError: Forbidden - perhaps check your credentials?
    at Object.linkedInApiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/LinkedIn/GenericFunctions.js:41:15)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/LinkedIn/LinkedIn.node.js:155:40)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:649:19)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:631:53

My workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

already done

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
    SQLite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
    cloud
  • Operating system:
    ubuntu

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:
1 Like

Hi @kitsuiwebster, I am sorry you’re having trouble. It seems n8n’s LinkedIn node does not provide the full error response from LinkedIn here, but based on your description I assume your credentials don’t allow posting on LinkedIn.

Have you followed the Associate an app with a LinkedIn Page steps and enabled both the Share on LinkedIn and Sign In with LinkedIn APIs?