Looking to connect data based on input file

Hi all,

Describe the problem/error/question

I am reading a binary file using the spreadsheet plugin. There is a value that is on a separate sheet, but I would like to add it to every item output from the other sheet. Unfortunately, there is no value that I can use to link them, other than the files that they are read from.
I am looking to use something like the pairedItem however it seems that this is just incrementing per item and is not related to the item for the spreadsheet.

I have tried using a loop and batch size of 1, but this takes hours in terms of execution time and is not sustainable.

Please share your workflow

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.14.2
  • Database (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): N8N_PAYLOAD_MAX_SIZE=1024
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): npm
  • Operating system: Windows

Try using the “Item path” for the node where you always want to reference the first item (i.e. in an expression in a downstream node)

Admittedly, this isn’t the most discoverable feature. But please do let me know if that solves the issue as it will help me prioritize making that feature more discoverable :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.