Loop stops after 720 items processed ... workflow stops

Describe the issue/error/question

I have one google sheet where my user updates products ( around 4K so far ) , then i have a N8N loop that runs to update this google sheet into another google sheet ( as seen below on my workflow) . The problem im having is that after it process 720 items the wait loop seems to freeze and the other items don’t get updated!

the wait loop i did was to avoid hitting the google sheet limit of updating more than 50 rows at a time, so the loop is configure to “split in batches” of 40 items and then “wait” node for 1 minute.

From what i’ve read in the N8N community it seems it might be because the N8N workflow runs out of memory ,? can anybody confirm or deny?

In any case, idf anybody has any suggestion on how i can get around this, it’s quite important as it is our MVP product with our first client so need to get it fixed asap. thanks so much!

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR message: The execution ID “5785” could not be found.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.195.5
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite):
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: chrome browser

Please share the workflow

How much ram you have?

See the error log. It should tell something about oom issues.

Increase nodejs memory limit. (Google)

1 Like

Hey @oly-dev,

As a test you could try having the split in batches node call another workflow that does the upsert and see if that helps.

Looking at the screenshot I suspect you are using n8n cloud as well so depending on the package it could be worth moving to the next one up to see if that helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.