Running on Cloudways (I think its relevant here) - been a struggle to getting it to work this far - but contacted support and got everything set up on Friday.
I followed the instructions from this post: Cloudways Install - #10 by David_Go
A lot of this was done by the support agent.
I go into N8N to setup my first workflow, and first thing I notice
- All the Icons are missing. Okay, unfortunate, but not a big deal, and can figure it out later.
- Gmail can’t fetch test results.
- “Connect Lost” is on the top right of my screen.
- At some point I got an error about connecting to a SQLite database - but it disappeared quickly, and I’m not sure where n8n is storing logs. (Credentials are saving between restarts, so I’m not sure what’s going on)
I think all of these might be connected, at the minimum, 2, 3 & 4.
Any ideas? I found people talking about similar issues, with the solution of adding N8N_PUSH_BACKEND=sse to environment variables, but that didnt work for me.
After further research, it doesn’t look like the environment variables that I had set in n8n.sh are going through,
I’m not very experienced with Node or Linux, so any help or ideas would be appreciated.
- n8n version: 1.6.1
- Database (default: SQLite):
- n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
- Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
- Operating system: Debian 10 (Buster), on Vultr Server, manged by Cloudways.