Describe the problem/error/question
I have a Merge node that is not enriching the selected input as expected..
..and I have another that IS enriching the selected input as expected:
Can anyone explain why this is happening please?
Thanks!
What is the error message (if any)?
None
Information on your n8n setup
- n8n version: - self-hosted 1.64.3
- Database (default: SQLite): - default
- n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): Don’t know
- Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
- Operating system: Linux server running nginx.
hello @aballany
I suppose the inputs don’t match at all because the fields companyID and companyId have different types (string vs number)
You should enable Fuzzy Compare option
So simple @barn4k! Thanks for your help.
I have another example of unexpected results from a Merge Node. This time it cannot be the data type of the match fields (they are both strings).
I’m enriching Input 1, so I would expect the ‘id’ column from Input 1 to be the first column in the output (in green in the screenshot), but it’s not, it’s taking the ‘id’ column from Input 2 as the first column! Why is this happening? Maybe you know @barn4k?
I solved the problem, I changed the name of the ‘id’ field in Input 1 so it differs from the identical field name ‘id’ in Input 2 and it now works. BUT surely the app should be able to distinguish between 2 identically titled fields in different inputs?