Metabase Node

Metabase is pretty awesome, and selfhosted/opensource to boot.

I’ve been integrating with their api using the http request node, but it sure would nice if there were a native node.

My workflow has been POSTing their api/card/1/query/csv endpoint to run a query that returns csv. I then spit that out in a form that microsoft excel can use as a refreshable web datasource.

Excel can’t easily POST (instead it GETs) Metabase needs a POST to initiate a fresh query. And I don’t trust Excel to get and manage api keys etc. I do trust n8n though to handle all that.
Once wired up, we give that Excel file to our client’s so they can get updated data on demand.

2 Likes

This would have my vote :+1:

Hey @davidbamboo!

I have changed this to Feature Request so that other people can upvote!

1 Like

I’m also interested in this, and hope to have some time to devote to building it… eventually. If anyone can get to it quicker, I can help with testing.

It is already wip and we should be able to release it soon.

3 Likes

I’m hoping to integrate n8n into my processes! Hoping this Metabase node releases soon so I can do a metabase to salesforce pipeline. It’ll save me 2 hours daily manually uploading!

1 Like

We’re using metabase so this one gets my vote too! In the meantime HTTP request node does the job.

1 Like

Got released with [email protected]

2 Likes

Can you please tell me how to use HTTP requests to integrate with Metabase? Steps, needed configurations, etc …

Hey @g-abanoub,

Welcome to the community :cake:

What are you trying to do with Metabase? Does the node not already support the action you are after?

Thank you.

I can’t find the node in the desktop version that’s why I’m asking for alternative.

Just trying to connect / query/ download
Basic stuff

What do you think is the issue here

Hey @g-abanoub,

The desktop version is a few releases behind so may not have the Metabase node yet.

The manual approach if using desktop would be to use the http request node and follow the api documentation for Metabase.

We are planning on doing a desktop release soon though.

Thank you I understand stand now