Microsoft Graph Security OAuth2 API

Hi,
i’m trying to connect to my Sharepoint through “Microsoft Graph Security OAuth2 API”. I want to download to an excel file so i can import data to mysql. But i can’t authorize. I’m using the “Microsoft Graph Security OAuth2 API” for several other applications such as an Plugin for WP or our virus scanner. This all works fine, but when i try to connect with th n8n credentials. I will always get an error.

error message

"Client authentication failed (e.g., unknown client, no client authentication included, or unsupported authentication method).

what i did

I added the credentials and made the app registration on microsoft azure.

n8n screenshots

n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.201.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: npm

regards,
Frank

Hi @Frank_Loeffler, welcome to the community :tada:

I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I just gave this a go on my end with a newly registered app in the Azure portal and didn’t run into any trouble here with the authorization. My settings look very similar to yours:

Seeing n8n doesn’t seem to understand the response coming from MS in your case, could you double-check your application settings? When going through the registration process, did you pick the third option and provide a valid redirect URL for your n8n instnace?

Also, could you double-check your client ID? Microsoft uses multiple different GUIDs to identify clients, so it’s important to pick the right one:

@Frank_Loeffler - Did you ever get this resolved ? I was having the same issue under 0.201.0 … and have just upgraded my ‘wild’ new build environment to 0.204.0 and now get the same black screen but with ‘unknown error’ - I’ve got a feeling I’m going to get asked to open up a new question about this but since I was getting the same original message as you it could be connected.

Under 0.201.0 and 0.202.1 I was getting this message:

Now under 0.204.0 I’m getting this:

1 Like