Migration in progress loop / crashing

Hello,
my n8n installation no longer works. I get a migration-loop:

I tried a clean install (I dropped the database, created a clean DB and deleted all files in my persistent storage) - but I have the same problem with the migration loop.

I’m using currently MySQL on my Synology NAS. I’ve seen that theese backend engines are deprecated with version 0.227.0

I tried to fallback to an older version (0.225.0) : But when I do this, i get an error message, when I look to my workflows (Unknown column ‘WorkflowEntity_WorkflowEntity__WorkflowEntity_tags.workflowId’ in ‘on clause’)

Now I tried to export the workflow, but i get the same error message with the WorkflowEntity.
What can I do? I would prefer to switch to Postgres-db; but at first I have to export the workflows.

UPDATE: The fallback to version: 0.222.1 works. I can open my workflows.

Hey @Azathoth,

Something doesn’t add up here, If you dropped the database to make a new one you shouldn’t have any workflows in the database to export so it sounds like maybe a new database wasn’t created?

I would try updating to 0.234.1 to see if that works but it could be that your database is currently broken and you would need to restore from a backup.

… Just noticed you are on 222.1 and it is working for now, I would use this time to back up those workflows, Although I am still not sure why they are there if you deleted everything :thinking:

1 Like

I dropped the database via phpMyAdmin… After dropping I created via UI a new DB.
Now my fallback (including database) is from a backup from may this year… for the moment it is ok.

A backup of my workflow was the first thing i did. I try in the afternoom an update to 0.234.1.
If that doesn’t work, I’ll stick with the old version for now and do a migration to postgres next week.

2 Likes

After the update to 0.234.1 i have the error again

Hey @Azathoth,

Is this with a new database or the old database? If this is the old database that already has an issue I would expect there to possibly still be problems. If it is a new database with just the workflows imported there could be something else going on.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.