Monday.com Node error - Custom Values must be a valid JSON

Describe the problem/error/question

Unable to pass variable {{ $json.formattedDate }} a Monday.com item - I want to pass it to a Date column.

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR: Custom Values must be a valid JSON

NodeOperationError: Custom Values must be a valid JSON
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/MondayCom/MondayCom.node.js:446:35)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:696:42)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:656:68

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

ERROR: Custom Values must be a valid JSON

NodeOperationError: Custom Values must be a valid JSON
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/MondayCom/MondayCom.node.js:446:35)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:696:42)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:656:68

## Information on your n8n setup
- **n8n version: 1.22.6**
- **Database (default: SQLite): How can I check this?**
- **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): How can I check this?**
- **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): cloud**
- **Operating system: Does it matter in my case when I'm running on n8n cloud**

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Try

{"date":"{{ $json.formattedDate }}"}

If that won’t work switch operation to Change Multiple Column Values
And use under Column Values:

{ "date9": {"date":"{{ $json.formattedDate }}"} }

For suggestion 1, ran into error:
ERROR: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘change_column_value’)

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'change_column_value')
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/MondayCom/MondayCom.node.js:452:58)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:696:19)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:656:53

Testing method 2 and posting results soon.

Ran into a similar error for method 2:
ERROR: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘change_multiple_column_values’)

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'change_multiple_column_values')
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/MondayCom/MondayCom.node.js:479:58)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:696:19)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:656:53

Adding more context for how the Monday.com board looks like:

The “Lab Last Seen Date” column is what I want to append through this workflow.

In what format is your date value? Monday expects in YYYY-MM-DD (1973-10-15),

The date-time formatter node just before the error node appends it to YYYY-MM-DD. Screenshot below:

Sorry, in my initial post I made mistake and added extra }. I edited it. Can you try again?

No luck. Error code:

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'change_multiple_column_values')
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/MondayCom/MondayCom.node.js:479:58)

This works for me (Change Multiple Column Values)

Or this (Change Column Value)

I’ll run some tests using the configuration you sent over. My guess is that the format in which discourse sends the date time data still doesn’t get fixed with the formatter node and how it’s set up

It might also have something to do with how my output reads 90+ items for 1 date modification. If that’s the case, switching the setup to make sure that only 1 input/output is processed might fix it

@Nejc_Lukacek I tried the exact same setup you did for “Change column value” using a simpler setup but ran into this ERROR: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘change_column_value’)

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'change_column_value')
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/MondayCom/MondayCom.node.js:452:58)

@Nejc_Lukacek I’m so sorry about wasting your time. It looks like I was passing a discourse variable into a field that required a monday.com ID/variable, which is why it had a hard time getting a proper output for that node. Just got it to work!

Also, the formatting you suggested {“date”:“{{ $json.formattedDate }}”} was the one that finally worked. Thank you so much for your support <3 Really appreciate it